Investment Performance facts for Bulgaria
• According to Eurostat, Bulgaria occupies the 4th place in the overall EU construction growth for 2007.
• The “EU Housing Review 2007” provided by RICS (Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors UK) states that Bulgaria holds the 2nd place in terms of positive property price inflation, projected to improve steadily and gradually in the years to come.
• Knight Frank Global Index stated that Bulgaria was the 2nd most popular EU destination in terms of Capital Growth, at 13.1% in the first quarter of 2008.
• Land and Property represent 40% of FDI at an estimated investment of €5 bn in 2007. For 2008, Land and Property represent 47% of FDI at an estimated investment of €€7.9 bn.
• Real Estate transactions were forecast at an annual 15% growth in 2008.
• EU funds for the development of the Bulgarian infrastructure total €6.5 bn. The project maturity period is estimated to be in 2014.